Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Crowned Athletic Sash - reimagined

 


Time to get crafty!

This morning I decided to finally reimagine a Crowned Athletic Sash.  This idea came to me after I tried the magnets for a local race.  I really didn’t think they worked for us.  We put them on our shirts and then drove to the race.  Our bibs moved around with the seatbelts and during the race.  I really prefer a belt with toggles.  I also love that our belts can hold a water bottle, but sometimes feel too tight for my liking.   Disclaimer:  I am a walker so the bottles don’t bounce around.

Ok, back to craft times…I got out all my supplies.
Enchanted Rose Sash (small)
Heat & Bond seam tape
Side release buckles
1 inch wide elastic
Race bib toggles
Needle, thread and mini cricut heat press
Ruler
Fabric scissors



First I measured out a length of the elastic that fit around my waist and added a few inches.  I then looped it through the buckles.  To be safe I folded the ends over twice and hand stitched them across three or four times.  This made an adjustable belt.



Next I wrapped the sash around my waist the same way as the elastic and added a few inches and cut.  I turned the sash inside out and pressed the ends.  Then folded the ends over once and pressed with my mini cricut.  Fold over again and put a small piece of seam tape between the layers and press again.  I did this on both sides.  



Next, I turned the sash inside right and slipped the belt through the inside of the sash.



Then undo the toggles and slip them around the belt/sash and attach the bib.  If you are afraid of the stiff toggle material, you could also use some ribbon, cording, tulle.








I am going to test it out tomorrow on our walk.  But for now, it fits comfortably and is adjustable YAY!




No comments:

Post a Comment