Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Road trip with a large custom order

What do you do when you place a large Bolder Athletic Wear order and all the fabric won’t fit in one large USPS Flat Rate box?  You could split it up into two boxes or you can take a road trip and still spend less on gas than shipping.  You take a road trip!


Miss V and I headed up to Bolder Athletic Wear on April 9th.  Here is what we ordered and our shorts options.

First was our swings for the Margaritaville Race.  Miss V chose Dark Purple shorts and I picked baby blue.



Second was a FunkiFabric in Zenith.  I had this printed to match the Crowned Athletic Changed Fate Athletic Top.  I am hoping to be able to register for the Princess 10k next year and going to wear Merida.  I chose Golden Shorts.  Since my last order of FunkiFabrics didn’t feel as though it had as much stretch, I chose to go with a medium skirt with small shorts.




Third up is my Alien Fabric from MissMac Fabric (the shop closed suddenly this year)  I chose Moss Green Shorts.



Fourth is also a MissMac Fabric of Goofy.  Goofy is my favorite Disney Character.  I chose Ultra Royal Blue shorts. 



Fifth is a Friendship skirt and Raglan Tank.  I chose Space Blue shorts and white piping.  For the tank, I chose a white mesh body and mix and match the “Fetti” print for the neckline, armholes, and the the shoulders.  This fabric is from Purple Dragon Fabric.




Sixth was tropical flowers and I chose Fuchsia shorts.  The fabric is from Oh So Pretty.



Seventh was the pineapple print and chose Grass Green shorts.  The fabric is from Oh So Pretty.



Eighth was the fabric for Miss V’s WRC Triple Champion shirt.  It was from Kammie Lou Lou.  This was one of those easy choices.  Lime shorts!




Next up was an Orange Bird fabric from Oh So Pretty.  This one was a bit more difficult.  I kept going back and forth between tangerine and sunflower.  I finally decided on Sunflower.



Next up is another Oh So Pretty fabric.  This one is another LP inspired called Castle Mouse.  I chose Tangerine shorts.



I also decided to bring up my Minion Giggle Scrap to have a shirt made.  I chose to have an Anthracite mesh body.



The morning of our trip, I quickly added one more order and that was the Madam Leota fabric from Wonderground. (They don’t sell fabric like they used to, so this has been sitting in a bin for a couple of years)  I chose dark purple shorts and purple mesh for the tank.




While there, I decided to order a White Criss Cross Flutter with Lime piping and shorts to go with the Crowned Athletic Pixie Flyer Athletic Tank.

Yes, this was a very large order.  I had sold the majority of another brand's skorts.  I have also been saving points for a very long time and turned them into two free items.  I am also a Bolder Insider so I receive double points on orders.  They do add up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment